Urandangie was founded in 1885 by Charlie Webster and James Hutton who started a general store and the town developed from there.
It was an important centre for travellers and drovers roaming the Georgina and other stock routes.
There were two stores, a hotel, dance hall, Post Office, Police Station and several private residences in the 1920's and in the 1930's and 40's there were over 400 people living in the area.
Today the Dangi Bush Resort is the place to be as soon there will be a display of early machinery such as Lister and Southern Cross engines which were used on bores to pump water and provide electricity to the bush homesteads. Old vehicles will also feature.
Pioneer Cemetery…..see the Chinese graves
Feed the Camels
Swim in the Turkey nest
Local Art for sale
Fish the Georgina River