|1876||Boulia was established as a goods and service centre for local graziers.|
|1879||August 2nd - 1280 acres of land was set aside. The town of Boulia is founded. The first mail service by horse is commenced.|
|1883||First land sale in Boulia.|
|1884||First telegraph line is completed and police station opened. First police magistrate is appointed.|
|1885||The town of Urandangie was founded and the first store commenced trading.|
|1886||The first courthouse is completed.|
|1889||Urandangie first school was opened.|
|1892||John MacPherson MacDonald - Police Magistrate dies aged 65 years.|
|1904||Gun club was formed 1904/1905, functioned for four years.|
|1905||New courthouse and office with accommodation completed. Mable Gertrude Crutchfield appointed as surgeon to the Cottage Hospital at Boulia.|
|1908||First motor vehicle in the area. Boulia Shire Council and Winton Council signed an agreement to bear 1/3 the cost of an artesian bore on Mackunda (water was struck in 1909).|
|1910||Urandangie School closed due to low attendance.|
|1911||Railway reached Duchess.|
|1912||One of the early Governors, Sir William McGregor, passed through Boulia. First documented sighting of the Min Min Light.|
|1913||Teachers were appointed to travel and teach children in country areas, travelling by bike or car.|
|1912||The Min Min Hotel was burnt down approximately around this time line.|
|1916||1916-1918 Teece conducted a horse and buggy mail run from Boulia via Coorabulka to the Mayne Hotel.|
|1917||A tragic bushfire was started by lightening near Elrose in October 1917 burning two men so badly they died from their injuries.|
|1919||George Absolom was the first man to cart supplies between Dajarra and Boulia.|
||The first parade of local servicemen was held on Anzac Day.
The first CWA (Country Women's Association) meeting in Boulia.
A maternity ward was built in the hospital, and the first baby born was named Mary Maternity
Cockeril of Mercia Springs.
The first picture show was opened.
||Captain Pat McGinnis piloted the first aeroplane to visit Boulia.
A Glenormiston syndicate won 20 000 pounds when it drew Sister Olive in the Melbourne Cup.
Ernest F Jones (one of the overseers of the GNRB) was also the first Chairman of the Boulia Shire Council elected under the State Roll Franchise.
Urandangie School re-opened.
The last pack horse mail run from Boulia to Roxborough by J. Jones. It was then carried by car for the next thirty years.
|1925||Charlie Robinson drove one of the last horse drawn mails from Middleton to Boulia in March 1925.|
|1926||One of the driest periods in the history of Boulia was between 1926-1929 when only 415mm of rain was recorded.|
||Dr Spalding was one of the first Flying Doctors to visit Boulia during 1927-1928.
The dance hall was opened in Boulia on the 25th February.
|1928||All fences under the Gregory North Rabbit Board were abandoned.|
|1930||The "Widow's Cap" was worn by Aboriginal widows in mourning for their warrior/man having been killed. It was worn up until the 1930's.|
|1932||Urandangie Federal Hotel burnt down and was completely destroyed on the 29th April. Two people perished in the fire.|
|1933||The Dingo Board was abolished and the Districts Improvements Board was established under the "Grazing District Improvement Act of 1933".|
|1936||The Women's Auxiliary of the RSL was first formed in 1936. Mrs J.E.M. McGlinchey was the first president.|
|1938||The first school building (1891) was sold for removal and a large school building from Selwyn was removed and erected in Boulia by contractor A.H. Wellington.|
||The last IOU's (first form of currency in Boulia and region) were used.
On 19th February, a very efficient troop of the V.D.C. was formed.
|1950||The highest registration of rainfall for 24 hours was recorded at 345mm in March.|
|1951||The Boulia Shire Council became licensed for the maintenance of the Boulia Aerodrome on the 21st February. The Boulia Shire Council building burnt down on Good Friday 1951.|
|1956||The Buffalo Lodge was opened in Boulia by Bro. George Kallinicus, ROH.|
|1957||Power was connected to Boulia on the 26th January. The Power House and residence for the Power House Superintendent was erected.|